Indioravens world

To our Elders, who teach us of our creation and our past, so we my preserve mother earth for ancestors yet to come, we are the lands. This is dedicated to our relatives before us thousands of years ago, and the 1,500 million who were exterminated across the western hemisphere in the first four hound years time starting in 1492.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Elizario, Tx, United States

My name is David Cantu I live in San Elizario Texas a I am a graduated from San Elizario High School (San Elizario TX) Class of 84. I have received an Associate’s Degree in Automotive Technology from El Paso Community College in 1989. I have earned a Bachelors’ degree in Career and Technical Teaching from Western New Mexico University in Dec of 2007. I just complete an educational program earning a Master’s Degree in Professional Technical Education at ENMU (Easter New Mexico University 2012). Now I am seeking full time employment in a secondary school systems in Career and Technical education program. I am a simple man who tries to live a simple life, like my ancestors I follow Native American traditions and believes. I do recycle old things whenever possible taking old wood and making something new. I like working with my hands. I have been building my little guest house for the last twenty years, with the entire career changes and continuing my education construction has been slow. I spent two and a half years in New Mexico (Silver City) attending WNMU putting a complete Holt to construction. I cannot wait for the day that I finally can say. “I finished construction”.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Update June 2015

June 27 2015

Update: Well it's been over a years or so since the last update. I find myself wanting to update often however, I always find myself distracted when I start to write. The last year has been a busy one with all the work required to start a City. ( http://cityofsanelizario.com) It;s been a slow start and it requires many hours of research and self education as what can and can't be done. This has been all hands on education learning as we go and making a few mistakes along the way. I am trying to do my best to be a model politician (I hate to call myself a political leader). I am not a politician, in fact politics have never been in my best interest. However, I find that when you have a cause or something you believe and want to save or make positive changes, you have to deal with politics and Red Tape.
 https://www.facebook.com/Davidcantuaplerpersonplace2SanElizariotx?fref=ts

 City Hall 


City Hall 


Today I am taking some time away from my busy life and so called political work, to sit back and reflect and clear my mind, kind of a distress day. Some people would call it a lazy day.  Lately my days are really unpredictable. During the school year I am still working as a substitute teacher. I have been having thoughts of maybe changing careers just so I can have a regular paying job. But then I ask myself "do i really want to go back to working on a job just to get a pay check and be unhappy?" I do enjoy working with young students.  However, I am limited to what I can teach and how much I can help them learn and prepare for the future. Some-days I think of opening up a school for Career and Education Course Work, a program to help high school and young adults get ready for either the work place or continue their education. I have a degree that is hard to use, or should i say it's difficult to get a job where I can use my degree and skills. The education system in the USA lacks something and there still seems to be a big emphasis on standardization. That's one option I keep open, start a youth program here in San Elizario someday. For now I am going to keep working hard to finish building the City from ground up and make sure we do the best we can to help everyone, with out making to many enemies.

This update is turning out to be a bit different then what I was intending it to be. But as I sit here and write new thoughts enter my mind. I am trying not to ramble or vent. I was going to look back at the years via my Facebook post, but I realized I need some time to go back and read though my post and my blog so as not to repeat myself. I still plan to do this and transfer many thoughts from Facebook here as time passes. Over the years I have written down my thoughts on Facebook and I would like to share them here. I have also written many papers for my course work at  WNMU and ENMU that I want to go back and share here. Those would be my thoughts on the education system over the years. I think this will help me reflect and review my notes and see if I feel any different.

A few other updates and post I will be working on are based on my cycling experiences. Yes I have continued to cycle more and I just took a 300 mile ride through West Texas. I will go back and share my thoughts from day to day and many photos that I took. I have also started a Camp site for traveling cyclist. .https://www.facebook.com/Overnightcamping I have hosted a few cyclist traveling through Texas. This has been a very educational experience. Just meeting them and listening to their stories and adventures on the road is a reward in itself. I met a couple from Canada and one from Britain and many others from across the USA.



06/12/2015: Meet Anita and Arthur Asadullah two Brits who are attempting to cycle across the southern US starting in South Carolina.



03/28/2015 Meet Ralf and Jacky Winter From Canada Traveling the world.
http://winter-rides.com/fort-hancock-to-san-elizario-56-53-kms/
As you can see life in my world is always busy and changing, whether  I am working on projects at home, working for the school, working foe a better community, Riding my Bicycle and just plain living life. I know I always say this, but I have to keep saying it, I will do my best to updates this blog monthly. Of-course your  feedback is always helpful as to how much  and how often I post. Until next time I am signing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home